Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Oh my gosh? Ganache?!

     There were these jars of organic peanut butter. Big suckers, too. Not just one or two either, a whole armload. Can you do any thing with all this? I'm asked... heh, so tomorrow or maybe Friday there will be Oreo Bottom Peanut Butter Pie with Peanut Butter Fudge Chunks mainly because I made a ton (not hyperbole, I swear) of said peanut butter fudge yesterday which turned out delicious, if a trifle crumbly around the edges (perfect pieces to stir off into the aforementioned pie). I was able, in the end, to portion out quite a number relatively squarish bits.
     After a round of sampling and communal discussion it was readily agreed that I would have no choice but to freeze a number of those tasty little squares, mount them ceremoniously on bamboo skewers, dip them in nothing less than some exquisitely tainted (hmmmmm... booze maybe?) variant of funnel cake batter, bury them at sea in the deep fryer for a short time, and finish them half-dipped in dark chocolate ganache. This is my mission. I choose to accept it.

Birds of Prey Y2W1D3

Menu
Key Largo Lump Crab Fritters with Yumyum Sauce
Two Pepper & Cashew Pesto Grilled Turkey Breast Steaks
Fire Roasted Vegetable Couscous Pilaf
Campfire Pinto Beans with Chilis & Sweet Onions
Saute' of Fresh Baby Spinach & Caramelized Shallots with Balsamic & Blood Orange Reduction
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chili Cilantro Butter


...and now that I've read over that I'm pretty sure minced bits of candied bacon will be forcefully tossed in the general direction of the freshly dipped and cooling evil lollipop things. I'll keep you updated.


P.S.
I almost forgot!
The Great American Bacon Cheese Burger Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza with Caramelized Onions & Mushrooms
Char-grilled Pizza Margherita with Cherry Tomatoes, Asiago, Fresh Basil served with Two Pepper Cashew Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment